The Alberta Community and Cooperative Association is proud to strengthen Alberta communities by providing leadership development and fostering co-operative values. Servus plays a role in this effort through active membership on their board of directors, support of the annual ACCA annual Gathering of Co-ops, and sponsoring youth across the province to attend the Co-op Leadership Camps that take place at Goldeye Lake Camp each year.
ACCA Camp – Co-operative Youth Leadership Program Application Process
- Servus will sponsor up to seven teens to attend the camp.
- To be eligible for sponsorship applicants must be Servus Credit Union members or children of members.
- Sponsorship will include payment of the registration fee, $708.75.
- Teens previously sponsored by Servus Credit Union may not be considered—preference will go to first-time applicants.
To be eligible for sponsorship, applicants must:
- Be Servus Credit Union members or children of members; children of Servus employees may also apply but the application must be submitted through their home branch
- Pay the participant fee
Submit to ACCA the following:
- A letter explaining why you would like to attend the camp
- A completed registration form
- A cheque payable to ACCA for the participant fee (Servus pays for the registration fee). Cheques from applicants not selected for sponsorship will be destroyed.
- Selection of the seven teens for sponsorship will be based on their letter explaining why they want to attend.
- Preference will be given to teens who have not previously attended an ACCA camp.
- Once the sponsorship recipients have been selected, ACCA will contact all applicants in the final selection pool.
Questions about the process can be directed to Tamara Greenwood at Tamara.Greenwood@servus.ca.
Visit the Alberta Community and Cooperative Association website for more information.