The Application Specialist I – Application Integration is part of a dedicated team. The incumbent is accountable to support the customization, configuration and administration of enterprise applications.
The individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues in order to maximize benefits from custom off the shelf and internal application development investments. The role is involved in all phases of the systems development life cycle, assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of business applications along with gathering and maintaining related documentation.
This position is also accountable for supporting the overall operational administration and configuration of enterprise applications as part of the Information Services Application Development and Integration team. The incumbent will liaise directly with other members of Information Services such as help desk, developers and technical operations staff to meet application implementation and sustainment requirements through incident management and problem resolution.
Provide overall administration of application including:
- Customization of entities and attributes
- Configure email notification and alert rules
- Create reports, graphs, and dashboards and provide advanced metrics as requested.
- Maintain user accounts and authentication.
- Monitor application license usage.
- Ensure that all appropriate standards and customizations are applied consistently.
- Prepare and maintain required documentation for new processes such as user guides, process manuals, etc.
- Develop and provide user training when applicable.
- Manage product upgrades, patches & migration.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all application issues, work as liaison with vendor if needed.
- Work with key stakeholders to continually improve the processes supported by the application.
- Provide estimates for assigned tasks.
- Participate in the analysis of business requirements and the design of solutions in simple to medium complexity requests.
Application Support and Maintenance
Communication & Team Effectiveness
Standards and Architecture Strategy
- Maintain a familiarity and working knowledge of Servus operations policies, procedures, operating practices and products.
- Maintain a familiarity of Servus’ business strategies and objectives.
- Adhere to legislation and security procedures as they pertain to the position (e.g., Privacy Act).
- Adhere to application configuration and customization standards, conventions and guidelines, as defined for Servus Credit Union.
- Is familiar with industry best practices in application development life cycle and methodologies.
- Is familiar with emerging application administration products and standards.
- May contribute to recommendations for the establishment of new or modified methods, procedures and automation.
- Understands and can apply key development concepts and constructs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office product line and opportunities.
- Understanding of application configuration, integration and release management policies and procedures using system development lifecycle (SDLC) and related practices and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish positive team relationships.
- Experience with intermediate programming including C#, XML/XSD/XSLT and SQL.
Education and Training:
- Post- secondary education in computer technology from and accredited institution plus 1 or more years of job related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ongoing education is required of the successful candidate.
Any other special requirements necessary to do the job:
Must be prepared to work outside normal business hours when required. Travel will be required from time to time. Applicants for this position must have minimal limitations on their ability to travel with the appropriate notice. Weekend or shift work, available to travel, etc.
The business may from time to time ask for branch and/or department support for special projects and/or areas experiencing staff shortages. All employees may be asked to volunteer to assist in areas of need during these times. These assignments could result in a change of hours, location, and/or travel.
Why Servus Credit Union? We live our values in how we do business and how we treat our employees. Servus Credit Union is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. Servus is committed to being socially responsible and living the co-operative values. Through our operations, we strive to make a positive impact on our economy, the environment and society. We know that our employees are our most valuable assets so we offer ongoing growth and career advancement and we reward employees for their hard work and achievements.