Reporting to the Manager of Application Integration as part of a dedicated team, the incumbent is responsible to support the customization, configuration and administration of the integrated solutions and other enterprise applications.
The individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues in order to maximize benefits from custom off the shelf and internal application development investments. The role is involved in all phases of the systems development life cycle, assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of business applications along with gathering and maintaining related documentation.
This position is also responsible for supporting the overall operational administration and configuration of the integrated solution as part of the Information Services Application Development and Integration team. The incumbent will liaise directly with other members of Information Services such as helpdesk, developers and technical operations staff to meet application implementation and sustainment requirements through incident management and problem resolution.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Delivery Capability – System Configuration / Customization
- Provide guidance on integration development best practices and standards
- Provide overall administration of the integrated solution including:
- Customization of entities and attributes
- Configure email notification and alert rules
- Create reports, graphs, dashboards and provide advanced metrics as requested
- Maintain user accounts and authentication
- Monitor application license usage
- Ensure that all appropriate standards and customizations are applied consistently
- Prepare and maintain required documentation for new processes such as user guides, process manuals, etc.
- Develop and provide user training when applicable
- Manage product upgrades, patches & migration
- Troubleshoot and resolve all application issues, work as liaison with vendor if needed
- Work with key stakeholders to continually improve the processes supported by the application
- Can provide estimates for assigned tasks.
- May participate in the analysis of business requirements and the design of solutions in simple to medium complexity requests.
Application Support and Maintenance
- Under direction, monitor application performance tests, schedule and perform application improvements and upgrades as required.
- May serve as an escalation point for the I.S. Help Desk on applications. Liaise with system technicians, business analysts, data analysts, DBAs and 3rd party suppliers to assist in resolving reported problems.
- Understands concepts of trouble-shooting and problem solving. May assist in assessment of operational impacts. Can communicate potential solutions and information as required.
- Participate in the creation of disaster recovery plans pertaining to administered applications.
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software patches or releases and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
Communication, Team Effectiveness
- Is able to manage one-on-one situations with business stakeholders.
- Can communicate clearly, both written and verbally, with peers and team lead.
- Communication is timely, escalates own issues appropriately to team lead.
- Completes individual status reports on time and to the detail required.
- Is an effective team member within IS department, active participant in group discussions.
Standards and Architecture Strategy
- Maintain a familiarity and working knowledge of Servus Credit Union operations policies, procedures, operating practices and products.
- Maintain a familiarity of Servus Credit Union business strategies and objectives.
- Adhere to legislation and security procedures as they pertain to the position (e.g., Privacy Act).
- Adhere to application configuration and customization standards, conventions and guidelines, as defined for Servus Credit Union.
- Is familiar with industry best practices in application development life cycle and methodologies.
- Is familiar with emerging application administration products and standards.
- May contribute to recommendations for the establishment of new or modified methods, procedures and automation.