Welcome to Canada!
And start building Canadian credit
Being a newcomer to Canada is challenging. You need to find a place to live, set up a bank account and register for public services. And you have to build a Canadian credit score.*
Servus Credit Union can help you get started. We now offer a New to Canada Mastercard® credit card program to immigrants or foreign students who need credit.
To qualify for the New to Canada program, you must:
- Have a valid Canadian government-issued temporary immigrant work or study permit (IMM 1208 or IMM 1102)
- Have valid government-issued identification, including a driver's license
- Apply in person at one of our branches
As part of the program, you can choose from several credit card options:
Having a Canadian credit score will help you:
- Buy the goods and services you need
- Apply for a loan, insurance and certain jobs
- Qualify for lower interest rates
For more details, get in touch with us today.
Call 1.877.378.8728 or visit a branch.
*Your credit score from your home country doesn’t transfer to Canada. Even if you had a good rating, you'll need to build credit again.