As part of planning your estate you will need to appoint an executor to safeguard your assets and administer your estate. Servus Credit Union, through Concentra Trust, can offer you the services of a corporate executor.
The role of an executor can be complicated and time consuming. Although many people ask a friend or family member to be their executor, your estate may be better served by an impartial expert in estate administration.
A corporate executor will administer your estate and ensure your wishes are carried out as indicated in your will or other legal documents. You may appoint a corporate executor as the sole executor or as a joint executor along with a family member or friend.
Executor responsibilities may include:
- Locating the will and submitting it for probate
- Making funeral arrangements
- Gathering and documenting your assets
- Preparing a list of liabilities and arranging payment of debts
- Distributing the assets to the beneficiaries
- Preparing and filing income tax returns
- Investing, managing and distributing funds held in ongoing trusts
Ask about our corporate executor services
To find out more about our trust and estate services, please feel free to submit a request for information, or make an appointment at your local branch today.
*Servus Credit Union trust services provided through Concentra Trust.