The executor of any estate has a great deal of responsibility. That’s why Servus Credit Union and our partners* provide access to estate administration services that help our members with their responsibilities as executors.
Executor Assistance Guide
Servus Credit Union can provide members with a copy of the Executor Assistance Guide to help guide them in their role as executor.
- Explains the stages of estate administration.
- Provides contact information for government departments and other organizations that executors may need to fulfil their duties.
- Provides a place to document important information about the deceased and the estate.
Download the Executor Assistance Guide
Executor EASE is a program designed to help executors fulfill their role in administering an estate. It’s made available through Servus Credit Union’s partnership with Concentra Trust, the credit union’s trust company.
If you are an executor, our staff can arrange a complimentary consultation with an estate administration expert from Concentra Trust.
Concentra Trust can assist you in:
- Locating, assembling and gathering information.
- Understanding and gathering documentation.
- Establishing executor authority.
- Managing assets and liabilities
- Preparing statements and reporting.
Trust officer consultation
If you are an executor and need help understanding and performing your administrative duties, a Servus Credit Union trust officer can help. There is no charge for this service if the estate account is held at Servus.
Agent for executor
If you need professional assistance to perform your administration duties as an executor, you may appoint an agent for executor to perform the role for you. Servus will connect you with its partner trust company to access this service.
Please note that as the executor, you are still responsible for the actions that your agents undertake. It is very important that you hire responsible, knowledgeable professionals to provide that assistance.
Learn more about estate administration
To find out more about our trust and estate services, please feel free to submit a request for information, or make an appointment at your local branch today.
*Servus Credit Union trust services provided through Concentra Trust.