Welcome to Mortgage University!
When you're buying a home there are a lot of things to learn. We want to make things easier for you, so you can make the best decisions for you and your family. In this section you'll find all the resources you need to learn more about mortgages. And if we haven't covered a topic here, please contact us or call to make an appointment.
Home Buying 101
- Understanding mortgage payments
- How to look good to a lender
- Saving to buy a house is more than a down payment
- Know the price of paying up
- Good home staging is worth the investment
- Protecting your assets
- Be mortgage free faster
- Scoping out the neighbourhood
- Five good reasons to get off the fence and buy
- Choosing a mortgage
- What is the Home Buyers' Plan?
Exploring credit & debt
- The 5 C's of credit
- What is a credit report?
- Understanding my credit score
- Good debt versus bad debt
- Understanding the two types of debt
- What is revolving debt?
- What is instalment debt?
- What to ask before acquiring new debt
- What is my debt service ratio?
- How to be a debt ninja
Tools & resources:
- Mortgage glossary
- Accelerated debt payoff tool
- Renting versus buying calculator
- Life calculators