You won't see many banks sharing their profits with their customers. But we're not like most banks. When you bank at Servus, you're a member-owner, and when we make a profit, you get a piece of it. You could get a little or a lot. The more you bank with us, the more we share with you. It's called Profit Share, and it's what sets us apart.
Believe it. Since 2009, we've rewarded our members with more than $400 million in Profit Share Rewards. There's no catch, just cash back.
We pay Profit Share every December in both cash and common shares based on how much profit we earn and how much our shares are worth. Our Profit Share program has three parts: patronage, common share dividends and investment share dividends.
- If you do your personal banking with us, you get cash back based on a percentage of the interest you pay on loans and earn on deposits, plus the average balance you hold in your chequing and savings accounts. (We decide on the exact percentage each year.) Patronage is paid differently on different types of accounts.
- If you have an agriculture or commercial account, you get a rebate on your service charges rather than on the interest you pay or earn.
Common share dividends
- We pay common share dividends as additional common shares. This means you get more shares based on how many shares you already have.
Investment share dividends
- We pay investment share dividends as additional shares that you can redeem in cash, which is directly deposited into your accounts, registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs) or registered retirement investment fund (RRIF).
How can you increase your share?
Remember, the more business you have with us, the more profits we can share with you. There are some easy things you can do to get more cash back:
- If you have accounts, a mortgage, a car loan or a guaranteed investment certificate (GIC) with another financial institution, move them to Servus.
- Reinvest your Profit Share in savings products like savings accounts, RRSPs, tax-free savings accounts (TFSAs) or GICs.
Want to earn more Profit Share?
Use the online calculator to see what your share could be.
Make an appointment so you can get more.
Not a member yet?
See how Profit Share has made a difference for some of our members
And then talk to us so we can help you get more