The good weather—and the good times—don’t end in September! From music festivals and kite flying to adventure races and art tours, there’s still plenty of fun to be had across the province.
Here are some of the events we’re sponsoring in September.
- August 30–September 2: Lakeland Rodeo Association Finals, St. Paul
- September 1: Fall Festival, County of Forty Mile
- September 2: Kites over Callingwood, Edmonton
- September 7–9: Jasper Folk Music Festival, Jasper
- September 7: Delburne 4H Beef Club Awards Night, Lousana
- September 9: Bashaw Open Fun Show, Donalda
- September 15–16: Gymkhana, Alix
- September 15: Fall into Fun, Red Deer
- September 22: Equinox Festival, Bon Accord
- September 26: Heritage Inn International Balloon Festival, High River
- September 28: Art Walk, Medicine Hat
- September 29: Conquer the Camp Adventure Race, Lacombe/Gull Lake
Community events in August
Ah, those dog days of summer. Albertans wait for them every year. Camping, swimming, picnicking. What do you like to do on the hottest days of the year?
This year, soak up the heat at some Servus-sponsored events. Here are just a few events we're supporting in August.
- August 7–12: Bentley & District Agricultural Society 52nd Annual Rodeo, Bentley
- August 10–12: 31st Annual Pine Lake Country Fair & Sports Days, Pine Lake
- August 10–12: Pembina Valley Daze, Evansburg
- August 17: Wildwood Annual Fair, Wildwood
- August 18–19: Alix Rodeo, Alix
- August 18-19: Edmonton Marathon, Edmonton
- August 19: Community Picnic Concert, 16th Annual Jazz at the Lake Festival, Sylvan Lake
- August 21-25: 2018 Whoop-Up Days, Lethbridge
- August 24: Ponoka Day in the Park, Ponoka
- August 25–26: Babas & Borshch Ukrainian Festival, Lamont
- August 30: Servus Free Access Night at the Alberta Aviation Museum, Edmonton
These sponsorships are part of our commitment to give back and have fun in communities where we live and work across the province. So slather on the sunscreen, grab a hat and enjoy those dog days of summer!
Get ready for festival season
If you love food, street performers, films or music — or all of the above! — festivals are on your to-do list this spring and summer. Servus is helping organizations across the province put on their best event. It's a great way for us to champion active living and have fun in towns and cities right across Alberta.
Here are some festivals, big and small, that we're sponsoring in some way this season.
- August 19: Jazz at the Lake Festival, Sylvan Lake
- August 25-26: Babas & Borshch Ukrainian Festival, Lamont
So get out your maps and head off to some festivals around the province this spring and summer!