Equifax Canada has issued an update on the cybersecurity breach at their US parent company announced on September 7, 2017.
While the Canadian investigation is ongoing, Equifax Canada has provided the following information:
- The incident involved access to limited personal information of approximately 100,000 Canadian residents.
- Personal information that might have been breached includes name, address, Social Insurance Number, and in limited cases, credit card details.
- Equifax will be notifying impacted Canadians by mail and offering them free credit monitoring and identity theft protection.
- Equifax will provide impacted Canadians complimentary credit monitoring and identity theft protection for 12 months.
- Equifax has found no evidence of unauthorized activity on their Canadian core consumer or commercial credit reporting databases.
Updates will be provided on Equifax Canada's site at Equifax.ca.
To contact Equifax Canada about the cybersecurity incident, email EquifaxCanadaInquiry@Equifax.com.
All member information held by Servus is secure.