Servus now directly issues and manages our own credit card products to better serve our members and make it easier than ever to handle your credit card or payment needs.
Affected by the transition?
If your Servus-branded Mastercard was issued by CUETS Financial* (you applied for your Mastercard before Oct 14, 2017), you might have questions about the recent transition in March. Note: If you applied for your card after October 14, 2017, you already have a new Servus Mastercard.
We sent all affected cardholders a letter (samples viewable in the Cardholder Documents section) to inform you about the transfer from CUETS Financial (the previous credit card provider) over to us in March 2018.
Here are the highlights of the March 25 transition:
- New Servus Mastercard credit cards were sent in March 2018. The replacement card has features and benefits that best match those on your old card.
- If you earned CHOICE REWARDS® or Platinum Class points, your unredeemed points have transferred to the new Servus Circle RewardsTM program.
- You’ll enjoy easy access to account information — including signing in and managing your Mastercard account and rewards.
- Your CUETS Financial Mastercard stopped working on March 25 at 10 PM MT.
- Your recurring and automatic payments were not transferred over and will need to be set up again by providing your new Mastercard number to each merchant.
What you need to do (if you haven't already):
1. Activate your new card by calling 1.800.543.5073.
2. Provide your new card number to any merchants to whom you make recurring payments and any services where you keep your Mastercard number on file.
3. If you had any recurring payments to your Mastercard, these will need to be set up again with your new Mastercard number. Need help with that? Learn more about managing your account.
We’ve also answered some common questions:
How do I know if I'm looking at a CUETS Financial Mastercard® or a Servus Mastercard?
Check the back of your card. It will say whether it is CUETS Financial or Servus.
Do I need to apply for a new card?
No. Your balances and any reward points were transferred to your new account in March.
Does this change how I make payments?
Slightly. The name of the bill payee is now “Servus Mastercard". Once you activate your new card, you’ll need to update any recurring payments that were set up before the transition.
Who should I call if I have questions about my card?
If you have questions about your balance or recent transactions on your current account, call the number on the back of your card.
When will I receive my new Servus Mastercard® credit card?
You should have already received your new card and your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Call us at 1.877.378.8728 if you didn't.
What is the difference between the Servus Circle RewardsTM and CHOICE REWARDS® programs?
Very little. Points will be earned in the same way. Both programs offer merchandise, travel and cash back rewards. The redemption rate is also the same for personal cards—100 points equals $1 in travel and cash back rewards. Differences:
- Some brands or merchandise may be different in the reward catalogues.
- Once you sign in to your Mastercard account, you can access your Circle Rewards account without the need to sign in to a different site.
- By accessing your account online, you will be able to see their Circle Rewards as they accrue, not just as of their last statement date.
- For business cards, you can earn rewards faster. Our new cards earn 1% in Circle Rewards on all eligible purchases with no minimum spend per month.
- For business cards, you have more options on how to redeem your points, as you can now choose travel, merchandise or cash back
I was thinking of changing to a card that offers rewards. What if I want to change the type of card I have?
Features and benefits
Are the features and benefits on my card the same as I had before?
Your new card has features and benefits that best matched your old card. If your needs have changed, we would be happy to help you choose a card that will work best for you.
How does this change affect my Travel Medical Insurance?
If your old card came with Travel Medical Insurance, please be aware that on March 25, 2018, Travel Medical Insurance coverage provided by TD Life Insurance Company ended. New travel insurance certificates are available on eligible card pages in the Cardholder Documents section.
How does this change affect my other insurance benefits or optional protection on my Mastercard?
If you activated your new Servus Mastercard on March 25, your coverage continued uninterrupted.
- Included insurance coverage and services1: See the Mastercard Insurance Notice for important information about your insurance coverage and services included with your card.
- Balance protection insurance1: If you have balance protection insurance, your insurance coverage will remain in force. If you wish to file a claim or have any questions about your insurance coverage, please call 1.866.539.9577. Please refer to your certificate of insurance for full details and rules for filing a claim.
- InfoProtector Plus and Credit Alert2: If you subscribed to the InfoProtector Plus or Credit Alert programs offered through CUETS Financial, your service and billing for these programs will remain uninterrupted on your new Servus Mastercard.
®/™ Servus Credit Union, Servus, Circle Rewards, the Servus Circle and all associated logos are the intellectual property of Servus Credit Union.
® Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated and is used under licence.
*CUETS Financial is a division of The Toronto-Dominion Bank. The Toronto-Dominion Bank is the issuer of this credit card. All trade-marks are the property of their respective owners.
® CUETS is a registered trade-mark owned by Canadian Credit Union Association, used under license.
® CHOICE REWARDS is a trade-mark of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.
1 Insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC) and/or American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida (ABLAC). Travel Emergency Medical Insurance is underwritten by ABLAC, except for travel in Cuba which is underwritten by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd. ABIC, ABLAC, and their subsidiaries and affiliates carry on business in Canada under the name of Assurant®. ®Assurant is a registered trademark of Assurant, Inc.
2 InfoProtector® Plus is provided by Sigma Loyalty Group Inc. InfoProtector® Plus, is a registered trademark of Sigma Loyalty Group Inc. Intersections and Credit Alert are trademarks or federally registered trademarks of Intersections Inc.