Servus has a new Mastercard credit card product suite to make it easier than ever to handle your credit needs. To better serve our members, Servus now directly issues and manages our own card products.
Already have a Mastercard?
If your Servus-branded Mastercard was issued by CUETS Financial* (you applied for your Mastercard before Oct 14, 2017), you may be wondering how this affects you. Note: If you applied for your card after October 14, 2017, you already have a new Servus Mastercard.
We recently sent all affected cardholders a letter (samples viewable in the Cardholder Documents section) because we will be transferring the account balances of those cardholders from CUETS Financial (the current credit card provider) over to us in March 2018.
Here is some information you need to know now.
Servus has you covered.
- You’ll receive a new Servus Mastercard credit card automatically in March 2018. This new card will replace your current card and it will have features and benefits that best match what you have today.
- If you earn CHOICE REWARDS® or Platinum Class points, your unredeemed points will be automatically transferred to the new Servus Circle RewardsTM program at transition. Don’t worry—you won’t lose your points and you’ll continue to earn points on all eligible purchases until the transition.
- You’ll enjoy easy access to account information — including sign in and managing your Mastercard account and rewards.
You can continue to use your current card until March 25; however, there are some important dates to be aware of:
- March 15: You should receive your new Servus Mastercard and Personal Identification Number (PIN) by March 15. If you don’t receive both your card and PIN, or if you’re going to be away in March, please call us at 1.877.378.8728.
- March 18: This is the last day to redeem your CHOICE REWARDS® points (if you have them on your card). If you choose not to redeem any points, your points will be transferred intact to the Servus Circle RewardsTM program within 10 business days of activating your card.
- March 19: Any instructions to make pre-authorized debits (payments) to your current Mastercard will be cancelled as your account is transferred. You can set up automatic payments to your new Mastercard after March 26.
- March 22: This is the last day you’ll be able to access your CUETS Financial card information through cucardsonline.com. Copies of your past statements will take some time to upload into the new system, so please download this information if you’ll need it soon.
- March 22-24: Payments made to your Mastercard on these dates will be processed on March 26.
- March 25: Activate your new card starting on March 25, 2018. If you activate your new card on that date, your card benefits will continue uninterrupted. We’ll be announcing when the card activation lines are open through servus.ca, Facebook and Twitter.
- March 25: Your CUETS Financial Mastercard will stop working on March 25 at 10pm (MT).
We hope you don’t mind, but we’ll be contacting you a couple of times in March to ensure things are going smoothly. First, we’re going to be checking that you did receive your new Servus Mastercard and PIN in the mail. Near March 25, we’ll remind you to activate your card so that your card benefits continue uninterrupted.
We’ve also answered some common questions:
How do I know if I have a CUETS Financial Mastercard® or a Servus Mastercard?
Check the back of your card. It will say whether it is CUETS Financial or Servus. If you applied for your Mastercard credit card before October 14, 2017, you have a CUETS Financial Mastercard credit card. If you applied after that date, then you have a Servus Mastercard Credit Card.
Will I need to apply for a new card in March?
No. Your balances and any reward points will be transferred to your new account.
Should I just apply for a new Servus Mastercard now?
There is no need—you should receive your new Mastercard in March. If you apply for a new card before March, it will be treated as a new application and you’ll need to qualify based on your current financial situation. Your Servus Circle RewardsTM balance will start at zero.
If you choose to keep your CUETS Financial credit card, you will receive another new Servus Mastercard in March and your CHOICE REWARDS® points will transfer to this card.
If you choose to close your CUETS Financial credit card before March 18, you will need to redeem your CHOICE REWARDS (if you have them) within 120 days of the closure date because we won’t be able to transfer your points to the Circle Rewards program before your card is scheduled to be replaced.
Remember, you don’t need to do anything now—you should receive your new Servus Mastercard in March.
Does this change how I make my payments?
You should continue to make your payments as usual until March 21, 2018. No payments can be processed from March 22 to 25 as we prepare to transfer account data. On March 26, you can make your payment to your new Servus Mastercard. Please note, the name of the bill payee will change from “Servus Mastercard Issued before October 2017” to “Servus Mastercard. Once you activate your new card, you’ll need to update some account information.
Who should I call if I have questions about my current card?
If you have questions about your balance or recent transactions on your current account, call the number on the back of your card as you normally would.
When will I receive my new Servus Mastercard® Credit Card?
You’ll receive your new card and your Personal Identification Number (PIN) by March 15, 2018.
When should I activate my new Servus Mastercard?
You need to wait until March 25, 2018. Continue to use your CUETS Financial Mastercard until then.
Can I keep using my current card after March 25?
No. Your current card will stop working at 10pm (MT) on March 25. You should activate your new Servus Mastercard on that date.
Why can’t I activate my new Servus Mastercard when I get it?
We will be transferring your account, balances and rewards to the new card. This transfer date is March 25, 2018. To do this, we can’t have your account open in two different card systems.
What is the difference between the Servus Circle RewardsTM and CHOICE REWARDS® programs?
Very little. Points will be earned in the same way. Both programs offer merchandise, travel and cash back rewards. The redemption rate will also be the same for personal cards—100 points equals $1 in travel and cash back rewards. Differences:
- Some brands or merchandise may be different in the reward catalogues.
- Once you sign in to your Mastercard account, you can access your Circle Rewards account without the need to sign in to a different site.
- By accessing your account online, you will be able to see their Circle Rewards as they accrue, not just as of their last statement date.
- For business cards, you can earn rewards faster. Our new cards earn 1% in Circle Rewards on all eligible purchases with no minimum spend per month.
- For business cards, you will have more options on how to redeem your points, as you can now choose travel, merchandise or cash back
I was thinking of changing to a card that offers rewards. What if I want to change the type of card I have right now?
Sorry, we can’t make that change until March 25. As we prepare to move all Servus-branded CUETS Financial Mastercard account balances and other information to the new Servus Mastercard, some account services were temporarily stopped, so such balances and other account information could be moved over.
Will Circle Rewards offer the same merchandise as CHOICE REWARDS?
Circle Rewards will offer similar merchandise but product selection may not be exactly the same. If you have your heart set on a specific product that is available in the CHOICE REWARDS catalogue, you should redeem your points before they are moved to Circle Rewards.
Should I redeem my CHOICE REWARDS points before March?
That depends on what you are saving your points for. Some brands or merchandise may be different in the rewards catalogues. For example, perhaps you want the specific brand of coffee maker that is in the CHOICE REWARDS catalogue. Circle Rewards may or may not offer that brand in its catalogue.
However, if you are saving for a trip, you don’t need to worry. Your CHOICE REWARDS points will transfer to Circle Rewards and you’ll still have the same number of points to use toward your travel.
Is there a deadline for redeeming my CHOICE REWARDS points?
Yes. The last day to redeem CHOICE REWARDS points is March 18, 2018. After this date, any points you have left in your account will be transferred to and honored under the Circle Rewards program.
Features and benefits
Will the features and benefits on my card be the same as I have now?
You will receive a card with features and benefits that best match your card today. After you receive your new card, if your needs change, we would be happy to help you choose the card that will work best for you.
I will be travelling in March 2018. How does this change affect my Travel Medical Insurance?
If your current card comes with Travel Medical Insurance, please be aware that on March 25, 2018, Travel Medical Insurance coverage provided by TD Life Insurance Company will end.
If you're travelling, and require Emergency Medical Care/Treatment on or before that date, please call Allianz Global Assistance at 1-519-742-9356 available collect 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If your trip extends beyond this date, please consider arranging for appropriate coverage.
How does this change affect my other insurance benefits or optional protection on my Mastercard?
If you activate your new Servus Mastercard on March 25, your coverage will continue uninterrupted.
- Included insurance coverage and services1: See the Mastercard Insurance Notice for important information about your insurance coverage and services included with your card.
- Balance protection insurance1: If you have balance protection insurance, your insurance coverage will remain in force. If you wish to file a claim or have any questions about your insurance coverage, please contact the insurer’s toll-free number. Please refer to your certificate of insurance for full details and rules for filing a claim.
- InfoProtector Plus and Credit Alert2: If you currently subscribe to the InfoProtector Plus or Credit Alert programs offered through CUETS Financial, your service and billing for these programs will remain uninterrupted on your new Servus Mastercard.
Will I be able to see my Servus Mastercard account online?
Yes. The best way to see your personal Servus Mastercard account is to sign in through online banking. Sign in to see your banking, Servus Mastercard and Servus Circle Rewards information in one place.
If you have a Business Mastercard or do not have online banking, sign in to your Servus Mastercard account on the Mastercard site.
What happens to recurring payments made on my credit card?
After 10pm (MT) on March 25, 2018, no further transactions can be made on your CUETS Financial Mastercard. If you have payments automatically going through your credit card near that date, you may want to make a different payment arrangement for that month. Once you activate your new Servus Mastercard, you need to contact merchants directly to update your card information. This is similar to what you must do when you receive a replacement card with a new expiry date.
My credit card bill payment is made automatically each month. Will that change?
Yes, you will need to set up payments with your new card information. When you set up your new automatic payment, it will need to be for the same amount each month. You won’t be able to select automatic payments for the minimum payment or full statement balance. Read more tips and advice for managing your new Servus Mastercard.
®/™ Servus Credit Union, Servus, Circle Rewards, the Servus Circle and all associated logos are the intellectual property of Servus Credit Union.
® Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated and is used under licence.
*CUETS Financial is a division of The Toronto-Dominion Bank. The Toronto-Dominion Bank is the issuer of this credit card. All trade-marks are the property of their respective owners.
® CUETS is a registered trade-mark owned by Canadian Credit Union Association, used under license.
® CHOICE REWARDS is a trade-mark of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.
1 Insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC) and/or American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida (ABLAC). Travel Emergency Medical Insurance is underwritten by ABLAC, except for travel in Cuba which is underwritten by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd. ABIC, ABLAC, and their subsidiaries and affiliates carry on business in Canada under the name of Assurant®. ®Assurant is a registered trademark of Assurant, Inc.
2 InfoProtector® Plus is provided by Sigma Loyalty Group Inc. InfoProtector® Plus, is a registered trademark of Sigma Loyalty Group Inc. Intersections and Credit Alert are trademarks or federally registered trademarks of Intersections Inc.