The Portfolio Coordinator has primary accountability for managing the processes surrounding the identification, prioritization, scheduling and monitoring of a designated Enterprise Portfolio. Accountabilities include portfolio analysis and reporting for budget, the project roadmap and it's alignment to other corporate priorities and portfolios, resource capacity and status reporting. In addition, this role will provide clear and transparent communications (written and oral) to ensure alignment of portfolio leaders in a manner that ensures they can confidently represent and advocate on behalf of the portfolio within the corporation.
Manage and Evolve Portfolio Processes
- Work with portfolio Manager and PMO to create and complete the processes and templates suitable for the portfolio.
- Responsible for collecting portfolio and project information, applying tools and coordinating the day to day steps of the portfolio management process to gain clarity and alignment within the portfolio.
- Act as a focal point for the activities of the Portfolio (planning, status and releases).
- Support Portfolio Owner and Portfolio Manager in development and charting of product and portfolio roadmaps.
- Prepare various work products to assist governance bodies in the portfolio decision-making process.
- Work closely with the portfolio and key services (Architecture, Business Analysis and PMO) to create and analyze project submissions and ensuring the appropriate level of information is contained within each submission.
- Coordinate and facilitate portfolio meetings, ensuring timely distribution of materials.
- Perform financial, portfolio execution resource capacity and portfolio status analysis and regular reporting.
- Identify any improvements in existing processes needed to support project/program/portfolio management.
Awareness and Impact of Portfolio Corporately
- Represent an objective and transparent picture of portfolio activities and roadmap internally and external to other corporate portfolios.
- Ensure portfolio materials are appropriate for consumption by the various committees and audience within and external to the portfolio.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of the roadmaps and activities of other corporate portfolios to a level that informs and confirms the quality and alignment of the portfolio to others.
- Assemble and compare the vision and roadmap of other portfolios to identify and anticipate dependencies, opportunity and risk to and from the assigned portfolio. Perform analysis and present findings and recommendations to the Portfolio Manager.
- Create and maintain visual representations of the values and capabilities created by the portfolio to the corporation and their timing.
- 3 – 5 years Project Management experience in medium to large projects.
- 1 – 2 years Portfolio Management skills at an intermediate level.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail and deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently as part of an integrated, diverse team and be comfortable in multiple, high varied settings and tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing demands and establish priorities. History of success working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Education and Training:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent and/or LEAN or Six Sigma Certification.
- Knowledge of Project Management best practices and methodologies (e.g. Agile, SDLC, PMBOK).
- Prior knowledge with Organizational Strategy Execution and Change Management principles and practices.
Any other special requirements necessary to do the job:
Weekend or shift work, available to travel, etc.
The business may from time to time ask for branch and/or department support for special projects and/or areas experiencing staff shortages. All employees may be asked to volunteer to assist in areas of need during these times. These assignments could result in a change of hours, location, and/or travel.
Why Servus Credit Union? We live our values in how we do business and how we treat our employees. Servus Credit Union is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. Servus is committed to being socially responsible and living the co-operative values. Through our operations, we strive to make a positive impact on our economy, the environment and society. We know that our employees are our most valuable assets so we offer ongoing growth and career advancement and we reward employees for their hard work and achievements.