The Creative Project Specialist is accountable for the project management of a creative project through the internal studio and/or external marketing services agencies, including the deployment of printed and digital content to internal and external partners when needed. Experience as a Production Manager with a creative agency and/or formal training in project management is a vital skillset to this role.
Reporting to the Manager Brand Development, and working closely with rest of the Brand Development Team, Segment Marketing Consultant, Brand Management Specialist and external agency partners, their knowledge of the creative development process, and experience in managing the logistics of such projects, will ensure our brand initiatives are delivered effectively and efficiently to all relevant stakeholders both inside and outside the organization.
They will be accountable for managing the flow of the day-to-day projects moving through the creative development and deployment process of the organization to ensure that creative is completed on time and within budget.
Their digital marketing experience with marketing service agencies will be important to help optimize the digital components of our brand’s deployment. As well, their go-getter positive attitude will be critical in building the many varied relationships that are required for a project to be successfully deployed.
Their decision-making will most often be related to an understood and agreed to set of practices and principles they have with their manager and their problem solving will be focused on the immediate issues that appear in the development process.
- Work closely with members of the Brand Management Team and Brand Development Team to ensure that work flows efficiently from the initial brief to the point where it is deployed.
- Confirm logistics of the brief to ensure that creative production progresses efficiently through its different stages and completes on time based on briefs from the Segment Marketing Consultants and design request briefs from Brand Management Specialist.
- Draw up and issue schedules that provide key dates for relevant Project Task Force team members to review and approve work.
- Discuss the scope of work, schedules and budgets with the Brand Management Team to prepare a framework for Brand Development Team capacity planning.
- Monitor the progress of production through the Brand Development Team and external partners, and discuss with Brand Development Manager, the re-allocation of resources or schedules to deal with any delays or problems.
- Set up administrative systems to help track cost and progress on each project to ensure that budgets and timelines are adhered to. Allocate separate job numbers/codes to each project, and ask all working on the project to use them in their file names and correspondence.
- Work collaboratively with the Brand Development Manager and the Agency, to assist in the development creative and ensure the day-to-day logistics of project is meeting deliverables provided in the Agency brief.
- Work with CUCC and CUCA on deployment of related collateral materials to internal partners. Track the delivery and acceptance of these materials for reference purposes.
- Work with POS suppliers and Servus Properties Department on the logistics of Branch POS systems.
- Assist with implementation of marketing department initiatives as needed.
- Enter the relevant details on “templated” branch/event print collateral when needed. Arrange for the deployment (production and delivery) of these materials to their final destination. Track the delivery and acceptance of these materials for reference purposes.
- Work with Video Designer to assist in the deployment of Digital Signage content to relevant Servus owned screens.
- Minimum of two years working within a marketing environment with digital marketing capabilities.
- Preferably the incumbent would have experience in digital marketing working with or for a marketing agency.
- Preferably understands the creative development process (both digital and traditional content).
- Some understanding of the media supplier business would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, collaborate with internal/external clients and communicate effectively.
- Experience in the financial industry is an asset.
- Experience/exposure to a retail multi-branch environment is an asset.
Education and Training:
- A university degree or college diploma related to Marketing or Creative Development.
Any other special requirements necessary to do the job:
Weekend or shift work, available to travel, etc.
The business may from time to time ask for branch and/or department support for special projects and/or areas experiencing staff shortages. All employees may be asked to volunteer to assist in areas of need during these times. These assignments could result in a change of hours, location, and/or travel.
Why Servus Credit Union? We live our values in how we do business and how we treat our employees. Servus Credit Union is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. Servus is committed to being socially responsible and living the co-operative values. Through our operations, we strive to make a positive impact on our economy, the environment and society. We know that our employees are our most valuable assets so we offer ongoing growth and career advancement and we reward employees for their hard work and achievements.