This is a full-time, benefitted position with a salary between $71,691 and $88,740 per annum.
The Network Analyst II will provide leadership and senior-level expertise in the research, analysis, planning, design, installation, development, implementation, maintenance, support and overall utilization of the technological infrastructure to meet credit union needs. Provide on-call support as required. Work with users and Management to define system requirements and resolve problems. Provide direction and leadership to Systems Engineer I’s. Lead projects from inception, design, implementation and complete appropriate documentation.
The work involves unique multi-functional and highly technical problems and issues related to supporting voice and data communications, networking, systems operation and systems access and security. Projects regularly have enterprise-wide impact and abstract reasoning and an organized approach to executing are essential to ensure that technology meets the credit union’s ongoing business needs. Some travel required
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
1. Systems Administration & Support
- Researches, plans, implements, tests and debugs all network systems software utilized on network
- Monitor and test network performance and provide statistics and reports
- Serve as an escalation point for the Network Analyst I’s and other departments
2. Security and Integrity Administration & Reporting
- Plan, design, implement and operate security technologies and procedures – i.e. Firewall, Routers, Switches, IDS/IPS, VPN
- Provide reports as requested/required (i.e. – performance, usage, violation, etc)
- Plan, design, implement and operate disaster recovery processes
3. Network and Communication Systems Administration & Support
- Administrate entire telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, interactive voice response, and video conferencing systems.
- Ensure integrity, reliability and optimum performance of external and internal voice and data communication network components
- Test and configure, and co-ordinate network infrastructure upgrades and maintenance
4. Project Management
- Provides technical advice and assistance to business-led projects as required
- Recommend and design improvements and alteration to current infrastructure to meet business needs and strategic objectives
- Coordinate and work with the Architecture Group for design analysis and implementation planning
5. Department/Work Unit/Credit Union Support
- Provide input into organizational planning and budgeting for hardware/software needs
- Provide support, direction, training, coaching and problem solving to team members
- Actively participate in department/work unit/credit union meetings
- Must have successfully completed CCNA certification
- Must have experience in an enterprise telecommunications organization
- Must have experience managing a multi-vendor VoIP system
- Must demonstrate knowledge of PRI service and SIP trunking
- Must have experience in F5 Big-IP design and implementation (LTM & ASM)
- Must have experience in inter-VRF routing and troubleshooting
- Must demonstrate knowledge of packet-level troubleshooting techniques (Wireshark, IOS debug, etc)
- Must demonstrate experience troubleshooting WAN and LAN topologies
- Must have experience with legacy firewalls, application firewalls, IDS and IPS
- Must have experience with VPN to secure WAN traffic and remote workers
- Must demonstrate knowledge of network security infrastructure and operations
- Must have experience designing, implementing and operating datacenter networks
- Must have experience designing, implementing and operating virtual computing systems
Education / Training:
Knowledge is generally acquired by having completed an undergraduate degree or technical college diploma in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering and 6 or more years’ technical I.S.-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience should include a minimum of 6 years of demonstrated infrastructure engineering and support experience ideally in a service-based industry.
Must have a minimum of one (1) recent network or telcom technical certification [Cisco preferred], with two (2) recent technical certifications highly desirable, certification and a strong background working with hardware and network components.
Previous CU experience an asset.
Any other special requirements necessary to do the job:
- On-call availability based on departmental on call rotation.
- Some travel required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection or manipulation of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting, transporting and mounting of moderately heavy objects, such as servers and network equipment.
If you are unable to apply through our website, please send your resume to email@example.com